Your opinions, honesty, thoughts, positivity, etc.
I’m letting everything sink in for a few days and figuring out the best place to start.
Until then, is it cool if we just talk about this black bean dip?
Because I hear there is this big game on Sunday. Who’s playing? Can someone clue me in? Is this the day where there is also a puppy-bowl? I’m sure I’ll be around the TV for some of the action, but you will most likely find me elbow-deep in this dip.
Along with piles of salty blue corn tortilla chips.
5 reasons you should make this simple black bean dip:
- You most likely have every single ingredient you need in your pantry.
- It takes 5 minutes to throw together.
- It’s a good excuse to eat a lot of tortilla chips.
- Packed with protein + fiber and also gluten-free + vegan.
- It’s versatile! Use this as a spread in a taco or burrito or slather it on a veggie sandwich.
Better make a double batch. You’re not going to want to share.
Simple Black Bean Dip
gluten-free + vegan // yields ~1 1/4 cup
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 3/4 cups black beans, rinsed + drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- smoked paprika, optional
- In a large food process, pulse the garlic clove until finely chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or cayenne if desired. Add more water for a thinner consistency.
- Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with smoked paprika and a spritz of lime. Serve with chips and/or veggies.
Football or not, this needs to be made.